Fourth M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics ¾
Focus: Fluid-Structure Interactions
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA 02139 U.S.A.
THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE SHORT PAPERS OF THE FIRST CONFERENCE CAN BE OBTAINED THROUGH ELSEVIER.
The Proceedings of the Short Papers of the Second Conference can also be obtained through Elsevier.
The Proceedings of the Short Papers of the Third Conference are also published by Elsevier.
The Proceedings of the Fourth Conference will contain Full Length Papers in a Special Issue of the journal Computers and Structures.
[ LAST UPDATED: JULY 12, 2018 ]
- HOTELA block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel (the Conference Venue) near the MIT campus. Please call for reservations directly at 1-800-223-1234 (within the USA) or 1 (617) 494-1234 (international). Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and reservations must be made no later than May 12, 2007. Please refer to the Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics room block to receive the $209 room rate, plus local tax, single or double occupancy, $234 room rate, plus local tax, triple occupancy, $259 room rate, plus local tax, quadruple occupancy. Reservations must be made directly with the hotel.
- OTHER ACCOMODATION For additional hotels near M.I.T., please click here.
The specific theme of this Conference is Fluid-Structure Interactions.
The focus will be on the state of the art of the numerical procedures used, software development and industrial usage, with these aims —
- To bring together Academia and Industry for the interchange of experiences in the field
- To expose young researchers to the exciting state of the art in the field
- To lead to a new level of mathematical modeling and numerical solution for fluids, solids, multi-physics and multi-scale phenomena, that also may include uncertainties in data