BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER is an error which causes your Windows to crash. It can occur in Windows Vista, XP, and 2000, And Windows 7 and 8. BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER may occur while using USB device.
Methods to Solve BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Error
Adjust Power Settings
- Type power settings in the search box and select Power & sleep settings.
- Click on Additional power settings.
- Click Choose when to turn off the display > Change advanced power settings.
- Expand the dialog after each: USB settings > USB selective suspend setting.
- Select Disable in the drop down menu.
- Click on OK.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click on the Update and Security.
- Click Check for updates.
- The system will start checking for the available Windows 10 updates and then download it automatically.
Check your Hard Disk
- Type cmd in the search box and select Command prompt from the results.
- Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk /f and press Enter to run it.
Uninstall Problematic Applications
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER may be caused because of some 3rd party problematic software. Firstly uninstall those problematic software and check if the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error still persist.