Generally Error 0x80072ee7 occurs in Windows 10 and when talking about the apps. Windows Store is the most common app to face this issue. You might see this error when you fail to make downloads or purchases from the Windows Store or unable to connect to the Windows Store.
But to fix this error, you don’t need to be an expert in computer systems we have brought down some really simple steps to fix this error and you need to be a tech geek to follow these steps.
Method 1: Use Alternative DNS
If you have a doubt on your DNS connection, just try switching to DNS that Google has provided. These conflicts usually depicts some IP address issues. To do so follow these steps:
- In your control panel, select “Network and Internet”, then click on “Network and Sharing Center”, there you’ll see “Change Adaptor Settings” that is generally found in the left bar of the navigation panel.
- Look for the connection you’re currently connected to.
- Find connection properties menu by right clicking. Under the TCP/IPV4 menu, click on the option to change your DNS numbers to manual entry and set your preferred DNS server to “184.108.40.206”” and your alternate server to “220.127.116.11”.
After the completion of these steps. Try connecting again to Windows Store. A reboot maybe required.
Method 2: Windows File Checker Tool
One of the easiest way to solve the issues regarding corrupted files.
- Type command in the search box.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard before pressing Enter.
- Just after the blinking cursor type “SCF/scannow” and press enter.
- Just sit back patiently as the tool finds and fix the errors.
Method 3: Scan for Viruses or Malware
Try scanning your PC with an up to date anti malware app. If a system is left unscanned for a long time, it might get infected and the infection may hinder you from operating perfectly with your connection.
Method 4: Use Fix It by Windows
A great tool designed by Microsoft which automatically detects number of common errors and fix it as soon as they occur. This tool not only helps you fix error 0x80072ee7 but many other errors that might trouble you in future.
Method 5: Re-Register on your Windows Store
Re register on Windows Store and make sure that date, time and time zone are correct so that it can synchronize smoothly.
For doing so, you’ll have to uninstall Windows Store which needs you to have the administrative rights of the PC so make sure you have the rights. It is also important to note that you cannot uninstall a built-in app though settings. You can only do so though the native PowerShell or another tool provided by a third-party.
- Type “Windows PowerShell” in the search box before right-clicking and selecting admin option.
- Type “Get-Appxpackage-Allusers” in the prompt before scrolling down to locate the Windows Store App. Use Ctrl + C to copy Windows Store’s full name (you cannot right-click to copy).
- Enter the following command while pasting the copied name in the correct position: Add-AppxPackage-register”C:/Program Files\WindowsApps\”.-DisableDevelopmentMode
It is very important to ensure that the “C” is the correct host drive for Windows 10. You can change it to specify the correct drive just in case. You should be able to get rid of the annoying 0x80072ee7 error after the installation and re-starting your PC.