The error ‘Failed to install BattlEye Service’ is a problem that is capable of ruining your gaming experience. A lot of gamers are experiencing this error when they launch their game. This generally happens on games that have the BattlEye anti-cheat service, like PUBG, Fortnite, ARMA 3, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, etc.
BattlEye is a client-side software application which aims to identify if any of the users are using a cheating software to get unfair advantages while playing the game. BattlEye prevents the game from being started in the first place by not launching the game. Regardless of being an anti-cheat software, BattlEye sometimes malfunction and prevent the user from launching or playing the game even if the user is not cheating.
You can try the following methods to resolve Failed to install BattlEye Service issue.
Restart Your Computer
This is the simplest troubleshooting step in line. Your BattlEye service might fail to install since there are temporary corruption issues taking place on your computer. You should try rebooting your computer and see if this fixes your error.
Run Your Game as Administrator
- Right click the .exe file of or the desktop shortcut to your game, then click Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the option Run this program as an administrator. Press Apply to save changes and exit.
- Try launching the application again and check if “Failed to install BattlEye Service” error still persist.
Run the BattlEye Installer Manually
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer and then go to BE Service directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye).
- Here you will find either bat or install_BattlEye. Right click and select Run as Administrator.
Run the BattlEye Launcher as an Administrator
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer and navigate to your game directory.
- Go to the .exe file of your game with “_BE” at the end of its name (this is the BattlEye launcher you need to run).
- Right click on it and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, check Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK.
Update Your Drivers
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Computer and right-click on it. Select Manage and then open Device Manager.
- Locate your device and right-click on it. Choose to update its driver.
- Press the Windows +X on your keyboard.
- Select Device Manager from the list of available options.
- Go to the device which driver you would like to update and right-click on it.
- Choose to update its driver.
Check Your Game Files
- Log in to your Steam client and click Library.
- Locate your game and right-click on it and then Properties from the list.
- Go to the Local Files tab and select Verify integrity of game files…
- Wait for the Validation to Complete. Try launching your game and see if the error still persist.
Verify Integrity of Your Game Files
- Open your Steam client and log in, then click LIBRARY.
- Right click your game and click Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
- Wait until the process completes, then click CLOSE.
Disabling Antivirus Software
The reason this error may occur again and again is because of disturbance from Antivirus software installed on your computer. There are numerous alternatives which shield your computer by also monitoring different applications running and the type of resources they are utilizing.
Deleting BattlEye Folder
If all the above solutions don’t work, we can try deleting the BattlEye folder and then launch the game.
- Go to the BattlEye folder in the game directory. Right click on it and select delete.
- Make sure all the BattlEye instances are deleted from All games. If you are deleting BattlEye from one game, make sure that you do the same for all the games.
- Restart your computer completely and check by launching the game.