Error 0x80040115 is an Outlook error which stops users from sending and receiving email messages. When you encounter this error, you will no longer be able to send and receive emails via Outlook. Outlook application is widely used because of its extraordinary and ingenious features. Each time you try to send and receive emails, an error message pop-ups and abrupt the process. The error message is as shown :
“Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action”
Causes of the error 0x80040115
- Improper installation of Outlook application on Windows 7
- Any kind of internal system conflict
- Damage due to virus or malware infection
- Oversized PST file
- A problem with internet connection
- email server issues
Symptoms of error 0x80040115
- Continuous popping-up of error message “outlook error 0x80040115”
- Sluggish system performance
- Freezing or hanging of system from time to time
To fix this:
- In Control Panel, open the Mail item.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Select your profile, and then click Properties.
- Click E-mail Accounts.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange Server account, and then click Change.
- In the dialog box that contains your mailbox server and username, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Click to select the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange check box, and then click OK.