Error code 5 is most commonly being faced by many Minecraft players. The error doesn’t let the player open the game. Below are some methods that can help you fix the issue.
Methods to fix Error code 5 in Minecraft
Method 1: Download a new launcher from your Nativelog
Another solution to your Error Code 5 error is to download a new launcher from the link your Nativelog.txt file provides.
To do so:
- Open the Nativelog.txtfile. Select and copy the http link ended by “MinecraftLauncher.exe”.
- Open your web browser, then paste the link in the address box and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Download the new Minecraft Launcher. Then replace your original launcher in your Minecraft directory with this new one.
- Open the new launcher and see if it runs normally.
Method 2: Run your Minecraft Launcher as an administrator
Not giving the launcher enough privileges to finish its tasks might cause the error. You need to run your Minecraft Launcher as an administrator to allow it proper privileges. To do so:
- Right click your Minecraft Launcher, and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibilitytab, check Run this program as an administrator, and click OK.
- Run your launcher again and see if this has fixed your error.