Many users have reported to have this issue, seeing a blue screen of death error with the stop code 0x00000050 on Windows before. It must be so irritating to have a blue screen of death error and not obtaining anything done away. Most of the times, you will certainly experience PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen errors after you’ve set up new hardware or software.
Cause of this Error
- Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
- Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
Fixing Error 0x00000050
Method 1: Uninstall the Latest Installed Program
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel.
- Double click to open Programs and Features.
- When the program list is displayed on your screen, sort the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed On) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any program that was lately installed on your system.
Method 2: Run Memory Diagnose and Disk Check
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type in cmd. Right-click cmd and click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes.
- Type in chkdsk /f /r. Then press Enter. Then press Y so your system will help you scan for hard drive problems the next time you restart your PC.
- Press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time. Type in exe and press Enter.
- Make sure you’ve all important files then click Restart now and check for problems.
- You’ll see the Memory check going. The process could take some time.
- When the memory check finishes, your PC will start checking your disks. It’ll take some time to finish.
- If memory check and disk check report problems with your RAM or hard drive, you might need to get your RAM or hard drives replaced.
Method 3: Run System Check
- Click Start and go to Search Box.
- Type “cmd” in the search box before hitting Enter.
- Type “sfc/scannow” to stat system scan.
This approach checks your computer system for any type of problem(s) that can trigger the error.
Method 4: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
This step is your last choice in trying to fix your PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA problem. Re-installing Windows will eliminate everything from your hard disk, enabling you to begin once again with a fresh system. Moreover, a clean install of Windows will also rapidly clean out any type of and all “junk” that has gathered over the normal use of your computer system.