Error Code 0xA00F4246 is another Windows 10 system bug, which indicates that Webcam is fail to function properly and, therefore, could not be used. It might occur if the Webcam driver goes corrupt or damaged. Furthermore, numerous people have actually mentioned that 0xA00F4246 error started occurring after Windows 10 presented the latest Advancing Update.
Windows Camera Error 0xa00f4246 problems are triggered by misconfigured system files. This generally happens when the computer system’s registry system overloads with too much data, or when specific system files come to be missing or damaged.
Methods to Fix 0xA00F4246 Error
Method 1: Give Apps the Permission to Use Camera
- Click Win key + I and select Privacy.
- After that, open Camera and click Turn On.
- Enable the option Let apps use my camera (in case it was disabled).
- Turn off all applications except the ones that you are using with the Camera, for example, Skype and check if 0xa00f4246 error is gone.
Method 2: Update Camera Driver
- Right-click on Win key and select Device Manager.
- Select Imaging Devices, right-click on it and select Update Device Manage.
- In case there is no Imaging Devices on the list, expand other devices and find Integrated webcam.
- Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.
Method 3: Roll Back to a Version of Windows that the Camera Worked On
If above approach does not repair error code 0xA00F4246 on your device, your only remaining choice is to roll back to a previous version of Windows, a version on which the camera worked with all applications, consisting of Windows Camera. Going back to a previous version of Windows might remove some or all of your personal files and information, so make sure to backup anything that is of value.