It has been lately observed that if you enter your product key at the time of the installation of the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system again on a new hard drive you may have obtained because of hardware problems, you might wind up noticing the error code 0xc004c008. This particular Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 error code relates to the variety of times you could use your license number to install windows programs on computers.
When you install the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 product a certain variety of times, the error code 0xc004c008 usually prompts up, as the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 license can simply be installed on a single device. The issue might be caused by the modifications of some hardware components either. For example, if you switched a motherboard, RAM or hard disk, Microsoft may treat your gadget as a fresh one and decline the license key that you own.
In case your Windows 10 license expired or it’s no more valid because you have actually changed the computer or reached the limit of devices that could run using the very same product license key, you will need to purchase a new Windows product activation code from Windows Store.
Fixing Error 0x803f7001
Method 1: Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Update & Security and open Activation tab.
- Click Troubleshoot button.
Method 2: Activating Windows 10 using Phone
- The first step is to open the “Run” Window.
- In the Run window type “SLUI 4” and click enter.
- A Phone Activation window will open up, after which you’ll need to select a few options.
- First chose the country in which you registered the product for the first time.
- Choose your country and a phone number will be displayed specific to your choice. You will now need to call the number provided.
- After you’ve dialed you will be prompted to write you “Installation ID”. Type your “Installation ID” in the phone.
- After that step, you will be asked how many copies of Windows have been installed using this license. Choose “1”, should anything else be chosen but “1”, this will not work.
- After the process is completed, you will be given a confirmation ID and should be able to proceed as normal with installation. You will have a workable product key again.
- Install whatever copy of Windows Operating System you are attempting to with the new product key.
Method 3: Contact Customer Care
If you are not satisfied with the methods posted above, you can always directly call Microsoft office by calling the number “18009365700” and describe exactly what error message you get in your Windows 8.1 operating system.
Probably, the issue would get fixed over the phone and you can go on with your installation of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.