Name Any Windows OS and Error Code 0x800700b would have popped up there. Some issues with the transaction log for the filing system within Windows make this problem to occur.
Common symptoms are:
- Unable to install one or more than one update
- The message related to Windows Update facing an unknown error
Now that we know the causes and symptoms of the issue, let’ head towards the solutions.
Methods to fix Error Code 0x800700b
Method 1: Resetting the Transaction Log for the File System in Windows
To do so:
- In the search bar, type “cmd”.
- Right-click the Command Prompt icon and select run it as an administrator option.
- Type in “fsutil resource setautoreset true C:/” in the window and press enter.
- Reboot your computer before you try to attempt the download and install any update again.
Method 2: Run SFC scan
- Open the command prompt with administrator privilege.
- Open Start Menu and right click on Command Prompt -> Select Run as administrator.
- After opening the command line, type sfc/scannow
- This command will take few minutes to scan your PC.
- Once the execution gets completed, close the command prompt.