Usually software update issue forces Error Code 0x80244022 to show up, it is associated with both, Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS versions. Error Code 0x80244022 is more of a general term to describe this Windows Update issue.
This error may pop-up when the Windows Update service bumps into errors while connecting to the Microsoft Update website, downloading, installing the updates, etc. It is not always clear why this error occurs, so it is recommended to run a diagnostic scan of the system to troubleshoot the root of the problem.
This article has got all the information regarding methods that can help fix the error 0x80244022. Let’s check them out.
Method 1: Usually this method is used when your Windows 10 installation folder is corrupted.
- Go into “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything in that folder.
- Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
- Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.
Method 2: System Troubleshoot
- Go to the Windows official support page and download Windows Update Troubleshooter for the particular version of your operating system.
- Go to the location you’ve saved the Troubleshooter on and launch the wu.diagcabfile.
- Follow the process closely and fix the programs as you go through the troubleshooting steps.
Method 3: Run sfc / scannow
- Search “Command Prompt” in the search box, right click on it to Run as Admin.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The system will perform the repair automatically.
- Reboot the system after the automatic repair is done.
Method 4: Download the updates manually
- In the Update history page locate the latest Windows 10 Knowledge Base (KB). Memorize, copy or put down the KB number in your notes.
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalogand type in or paste the KB code into the search box and hit Enter.
- Click on the KB’s download link, wait for the item to be downloaded and save it to the selected location on your computer.
- Open the downloaded patch to start the update process.
Method 5: Reset Windows Update components
Resetting Windows Update Components require modifying some Windows Registry entries. Therefore, it’s advisable to make registry backups, so that you could restore them in case of any failure.
- Launch Command Prompt (Admin).
- If a UAC alert pops up, click OKto proceed.
- By typing the following commands you will stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services. Don’t forget to press Enter after each of them:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then type Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.datfiles.
- Once done, copy and paste cd /d %windir%\\system32 command and press Enter to execute the command.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you will have to type all the commands (followed by Enter) provided below:
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Eter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Method 6: Run Disable Proxy
- Click Win key + R, type inetcpl.cpl, and press Enter.
- Select Connections and then open LAN Settings.
- Find Automatically detect settings box and mark it with a tick.
- Finally, unmark the Proxy server box.