Many Windows computer access the internet using the wireless adapter but wireless adapter can cause problems. Many users reported that they experienced this error message Problem with wireless adapter or access point while trying to access their wireless network. This error mainly appears in laptop as laptops mainly use wireless network.
Here are some methods to fix Problem with wireless adapter or access point error.
Check your Password
Sometimes we enter the wrong password while trying to connect to the wireless network. To fix this, disconnect from your network and reconnect again and this time be sure to enter the right password.
Delete Wireless Profile
- Type cmd in the search box and right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
netsh wlan delete profile name=”wireless profile name”
Replace “wireless profile name” with your actual wireless profile name.
- Restart your computer and reconnect to your wireless network.
Update Your Wireless Network Adapter Driver
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the run command.
- Type msc and click OK. Then Device Manager Window will open.
- In Device Manager, expand category Network adapters. Right-click on your wireless network device and click Update driver.
- Click OK to confirm it.
Use Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt as shown in Method 2.
- Type the following commands and hit Enter:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Restart the computer.
Windows Defender is a good anti-virus software, however lots of users often use third-party antivirus programs also. Although these tools provide incredible protection, at times they can trigger some problems, such as Problem with wireless adapter or access point error. Hence to dismiss that possibility, you‘d better get rid of them to check out whether that works out.
Reset Your Router
Error “Problem with wireless adapter or access point” can occur because your router for some reasons fails to assign appropriate IP address to your computer. In such case try restarting your router to fix this issue. Press the power button on your router to turn it off, after a while again press the power button to start the router.