When you install the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 product a particular variety of times, the error code 0xc004c008 usually triggers up, as the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 license can only be installed on a solo device. This certain Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 error code pertains to the variety of times you can use your license number to install windows programs on computers.
Cause of Error 0xc004c008
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Windows 8 software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Windows 8-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Windows 8-related files.
Method to Fix Error 0xc004c008
Method 1: Use an Elevated Command Prompt
- Click Win key + R, type slui 4, and hit Enter.
- After that, Win key + S to open Settings.
- Select Update & security and click on Activation.
- If you PC is not activated, you will receive an option Activate by phone.
- After that, start the Product Activation Wizard.
- Open charms menu and click Settings.
- Then go to Change PC Settings and click Activate Windows.
- Click on one of the options, e.g., Activate, Activate by phone or Contact customer support for help.
- Follow the on-screen directions and activate Windows using your phone.
Method 2: Use System Restore
- Click the Start
- In the search box, type “System Restore” and hit ENTER.
- In the results, click System Restore.
- Enter any administrator passwords (if prompted).
- Follow the steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Method 3: Install Window Update
- Click the Start
- Type “update” into the search box and hit ENTER.
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.
Method 4: Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Update & Security and open Activation tab.
- Click Troubleshoot button.
Method 5: Contact Customer Care
If you are not satisfied with the methods posted above, you can always directly call Microsoft office by calling the number “18009365700” and describe exactly what error message you get in your Windows 8.1 operating system.
Probably, the issue would get fixed over the phone and you can go on with your installation of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.