Error 0x80070bc2 is a typical problem that might appear when a user attempts to install Windows 10 1709 Updates. Some users post, that it takes place right after they ran KB4048955 cumulative upgrade for Windows Version 1709.
Lots of users cannot download and install KB4093112 on their machines due to numerous errors that obstruct the install process. In many cases, the Windows Upgrade stuck due to a connected USB gadget on the system. So, before continuing to the approaches listed below, try to disconnect any USB Wireless receiver (for Mouse or Keyboard) or any Storage Device or any USB printer connected on the computer system and try to install the update.
Methods to Fix Error 0x80070bc2
Method 1: Run Windows Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot and find Windows Update.
- Click Windows Update and select Run troubleshooter.
Method 2: Remove problem causing registry entries
- Press Win + R
- Input “regedit” and hit the Enter key
- Go to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\
- Remove the below-listed entries:
- Reboot the PC
Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” and click OK.
- In the Sytem Configuration Window, click the Services tab, check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft services”, and then Diable all.
- Switch to the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Select each startup item, and then click Disable.
- Exit Task Manager.
- Repeat Step 1-3 and then click the Startup tab, and click OK.
- Reboot your PC.
Method 4: System Restore
- Reboot your PC and log on as an administrator.
- Right-click the Start button and then select System.
- In the left pane, click System Protection.
- Click System Restore to open the System Restore window.
- Click Next.
- Select the most recent system restore point and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Method 5: Delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder
- Stop Windows Update Service.
- Press Win + R keys to open the run command box.
- In the Search box, type: msc & click OK.
- In Services control panel locate the Windows Update service.
- Right-click on Windows Update service and select “Stop”.
- Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows folder.
- Find and Delete the “SoftwareDistribution” folder (or rename it. e.g. to “SoftwareDistributionOLD” ).
- Start the Windows Update Service.
- Open Windows Services control panel.
- Right-click on Windows Update service and select “Start”.