If you get the activation error “0x8007007b” or “0x8007232b” when you attempt to activate your Windows 8, then most likely you use a generic Windows product key throughout installation and the activation wizard cannot locate a legitimate KMS (Key Management Server) to activate your copy. Although these are basically 2 different errors they are primarily associated, both this error codes only show up when attempting to activate Windows 8.
Error 0x8007232B generally appears because of DNS server problems. Windows 10 was unable to gain access to Microsoft’s servers and activate.
Windows could not be activated.
Key management services (KMS) host could not be located in domain name system (DNS), please have your system administrator verify that a KMS is published correctly in DNS.
Description: DNS name does not exist.
Solution for the Error Code 0x8007232b.
Change the Windows 8 Product key using Command Prompt & Activate Windows 8
- Close all open programs.
- Right-click at the screen’s bottom-left corner and from the pop-up menu, choose “Command Prompt (Admin).”
- Press “Yes” to UAC warning if asked.
- Inside command prompt window type the following command and press “Enter”
slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (Enter your own product key)
- Now it’s time to activate Windows 8. Type the following command and press “Enter”
- Reboot Your PC and again try activating your windows. This time it will not show the Error Code 0x8007232b.