Normally after you made the upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system you are expected to activate your product. Well some users after the installation of Windows 8 complete they receive the error code 0xc004f074 rather and are unable to continue with the activation process of the Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system. Error code 0xC004F074 shows that Key Management Service (KMS) might not be contacted in the course of the activation procedure. This happens when the user aims to update Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10.
Failed Windows 10 Activation with an error code 0xC004F074 is a popular problem, which arised right after the launch of Windows 10 in 2015. Numerous variables may prompt error code 0Xc004F074. A main reason is a disparity or difference in between the KMS client and the KMS host machine.
Fixing Activation Error Code 0xC004F074
Method 1: Execute SLMGR.VBS Command
- Click Start button on your Taskbar.
- Type CMD in the Search box.
- Right click Command Prompt from the Search Results. Click the Run as Administrator icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type following command in the Command Prompt window: vbs –ipk slmgr.vbs –a to exit
Method 2: Run System File Checker
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type following command in the Control Panel window: SFC /SCANNOW
- Press ENTER.
- Reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device and see if your device gives you the same error.
Method 3: Update Your KMS Host 9 (Windows Server 2003)
Are you running later versions of Windows Web server? Make use of an update that repairs or installs KMS on your computer system. The upgrade is readily available on Microsoft’s website. Keep clearly in mind that the update is just for Windows Server 2013 Service Pack 1 and later versions of Windows Server 2003.
Method 4: Install KMSpico Software
- Turn off Windows Defender for a while.
- Download the KMSpico software and Unzip the RAR file.
- Look for “KMSpico Install” folder
- Run the .exe file.
- Complete the installation process.
- Open KMSpico from start menu.
- Hit the red “Push” Button.
- Activation process will start shortly and complete within 15 seconds.
- All done, Windows 10 is activated now.
Method 5: Use an Elevated Command Prompt
- Click Win key + R, type slui 4, and hit Enter.
- After that, Win key + S to open Settings.
- Select Update & security and click on Activation.
- If you PC is not activated, you will receive an option Activate by phone.
- After that, start the Product Activation Wizard.
- Open charms menu and click Settings.
- Then go to Change PC Settings and click Activate Windows.
- Click on one of the options, e.g., Activate, Activate by phone or Contact customer support for help.
- Follow the on-screen directions and activate Windows using your phone.