Boot Error 0xc000000f is caused by missing or corrupt BCD registry hive. Error 0xc000000f is related with the Windows Boot Manager and whenever Windows attempt to read Boot Configuration Data, it displays error message insisting the users to repair their PCs through Windows Installation Media.
Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data”
Cause of Error 0xc000000f
- Corrupt boot sector due to power outages, virus/malware infection.
- If the hard disk has a bad sector or malware, then it would also do the same by preventing Windows from loading.
- Corrupt system files.
Fixing Error Code 0xc000000f
Method 1: Using bootrec.exe Tool
This method requires a bootable Windows Installation DVD/USB. The main purpose of using this method is to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how the Windows is started.
- Restart your computer and use bootable DVD/USB to boot it.
- If prompted for the key, press any button on the keyboard.
- Select the language, time, currency and keyboard and hit Next.
- Select the OS you want to repair and click Next.
- Now, inside System Recovery Options, select the Command Prompt
- Type bootrec.exe inside command prompt and press Enter.
It will start rebuilding the BCD and your PC will be back to its normal state.
Method 2: Remove Peripheral Hardware Device
- Remove all peripheral hardware devices attached to your computer (except the keyboard and mouse).
- Remove any CD, USB and DVDs from their respective ports.
- Restart your computer to see if the computer starts normally.