When you try to add a network shared printer, if you get message “Windows cannot connect to the printer.”(commonly occur to Windows 7), that is due to the printer driver setup does not start because of the error. By default high authorization will be required when you install driver. The clients might have to install the Windows 7 suitable driver on their user computers. Printer driver installation program will ask that if you want to install a local printer or a network shared printer. After that pick the appropriate option and complete the installation.
Solving Error Code 0x00000002 can be tough since there are a ton of possible repairs for the error. First of all you’ll have to identify whether the issue is a software issue or a hardware problem. We’ve provided a range of approaches for fixing the error below.
Fixing Error 0x00000002
Method 1: Restart Print Spooler Service
- Press Win+R. A Run dialog box will open.
- Type msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In the Name list, locate and double-click on service Print Spooler.
- Under Service status, click Stop
- Click Start button to start the service again.
- Click OK button.
- After that, add the printer again and see if the problem persists.
Method 2: Create a New Local Port
- Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer.
- Select “Add a local printer“.
- Select “Create a new port“. Choose “Local Port” as the type of the port.
- In the box “Enter a port name“, type the address as the following format:
\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]
Then click Next.
- Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, choose the correct driver in the driver list.
Method 3: Remove Printer Drivers
- Press Win+R at the same time. A Run dialog box will open.
- Type printmanagement.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In the left pane, click All Drivers.
- In the right pane, right-click on the printer driver and click Delete on the pop-up menu.
(If you see more than one printer driver names, repeat steps above to remove them one by one.)
- Add the printer again.
If the problem still exist, you might install the driver manually. You can download and install the driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.