Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9 is amongst the most typical errors Windows users experience. The error code 0xc00000e9 is usually a hardware error relating to your BIOS settings. Error 0xc00000e9 usually appears from a hardware breakdown and to be more accurate the majority of the time is because of a communication error in between the hard disk drive and the system.
Cause of Error Code 0xc00000e9
- Loosely connected hard disk.
- SSD (Solid-state drive) issue when installing Windows.
- Misconfigured or corrupt registry files.
How to Fix Error 0xc00000e9?
Method 1: Disconnect All External Devices
Power off your laptop/desktop and remove all the external peripherals linked to it such as (external hard drive, USB disk, printer, wireless mouse, keyboard everything). You only require the monitor plugged in so you can see the status on screen. With all the Peripherals detached, power on the system and see if that solves the problem. Then repeat the process by connecting your external devices one by one till you identify the one that causes the error.
Method 2: Fix Malfunctioning Programs
- When booting your PC, press F8 to Open Advance Boot Manager.
- Select Safe Mode as Boot Option.
- Head over to the Control Panel and click Uninstall Programs.
- Remove the latest installed application, the latest before the error occured (or whatever software you suspect is causing the error).
Method 3: Change Bios Setting
- Start or restart your computer.
- Press F2, DEL or F10 Key (whichever applies) to go to BIOS settings.
- Select “Load Optimal Defaults”.
- Navigate to your computer’s hard disk setting configuration under “Advanced” section. Configure the setting to either AHCI or IDE.
- Save the settings before rebooting your computer to see whether doing so resolves the error or not.