The major drawback that Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c0006 creates is that it slows down the system and force program lock-ups. Improper installation of Windows Live Mail applications triggers the error. As this error can reside permanently in your PC, it’s recommended that the error should be fixed as soon as possible. Let’s have a look at the causes and the methods to fix the error 0x800c0006.
Reasons for Error 0x800c0006 to occur
- Not shutting down the PC properly can cause the error 0x800c0006 to pop up at the start-up.
- Sometimes, incomplete installation can generate this error code on your OS and prevent you to utilize the mail applications in a proper way.
- An invalid intrusion of the viruses and malware such as Trojans, spyware, and adware on your system can also cause this technical issue.
- When any file or document becomes deleted from your PC anonymously, then it can create this error code and prevent the users to send and receive the emails.
- When the files become corrupted and damaged, then it can become the fountainhead of this problem.
Symptoms of Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c0006
- Unable to send and receive the emails.
- Consistent popping up of mail error code on the Windows screen.
- Slowing down of the PC.
- Freezing of your operating system.
Methods to Fix Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c0006
Fix Error Code Manually
- Uninstall already installed software
- Operate system file checker on your PC. To do so:
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box, click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will begin scanning for Error 0xD1 and other system file problems (be patient – the system scan may take a while).
- Follow the on-screen commands.