There are 2 sort of Windows update bugs, i.e. the search fails by delivering zero updates and an error message or the list of available updates is supplied, but cannot be installed as a result of numerous reasons. Among the Windows Update errors is 0x800706b5. Lots of people are experiencing it judging from the reports on Microsoft forum. Besides, we observed a lack of guidelines on how 0x800706b5 error could be dealt with.
Error code 0x800706b5 is a common problem that arises because of a trouble with Windows Update. The problem is common amongst Windows 8 and 10 users. The error could show up when you have pending updates that have actually been downloaded and are ready to install.
The Error 0x800706b5 issue could likewise occur from damaged windows files. For numerous users, the error code will appear while trying to reboot their computer while it has some pending updates that have actually not been installed.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800706b5
Method 1: Troubleshoot Windows Update
- Press the Windows Key and search for troubleshooting.
- Next, click on Troubleshooting and select the option “view all” that is located in the left pane.
- Choose Windows Update and select the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- A new window will open up. Follow the on-screen directions, and the troubleshooter will fix any issues with Windows Update.
Method 2: Restart Windows Update Services
- Click Win key + R, type msc, and press Enter.
- Now find Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
- Double-click on each of them and select Stop from the drop-down menu.
- After that, go to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ location and delete everything that is located in this folder.
- Once done, click Win key + R, type msc, and press Enter again.
- Locate Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
- Double-click on each of them and select Start from the drop down menu.
- Close everything, restart the system and try to run Windows Updates.
Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot
- Press the Windows Key + R. Type “taskmgr” and press enter.
- Disable all applications that have been enabled on startup. Select the application and disable it.
- Next, press the Windows Key + R. Type “msconfig” and click OK.
- The system configuration window will open. Choose the services table and check the option to hide all Microsoft services.
- Disable the remaining services. You can then restart your PC. This will resolve the error code 0x800706b5, and your windows will be updated.