- Along most of its course and on exiting the foramen, this small artery which has the diameter of approx. 1.0 mm accompanies the circulation of the nerve and circulates numerous muscles of facial expression.
- The normal cutaneous zone of the infraorbital artery is only 8 cm sq and lies 2 cm inferior towards the orbit and 4 cm lateral towards the alar cartilage of the nose.
- The infraorbital artery anastomoses with the facial, transverse facial and ophthalmic arteries.
- Middle superior alveolar artery
- Anterior superior alveolar artery
At the time it is inside the infraorbital canal, the infraorbital artery supplies the inferior rectus and inferior oblique muscles and sends some branches